To help BSF’s clients get to know Ivana better, we played 21 questions with her. Find out the celebrity she’d like to train, her story before becoming a coach, her best advice, and much more here!
1. How did you first hear about BSF?
Almost 3 years ago, my best friend and I found BSF when we were looking for a new class to take together. At first, I only took classes because I was a little nervous to work with a Coach but within a few months, I started semi-private training with Fran and it completely changed my perspective on fitness…so much so that I wanted to become a Coach too!
2. What made you want to work in the health and fitness industry?
I recently quit my full-time job in hospitality to focus fully on fitness and coaching. Working with a client to reach a fitness goal or hit a PR is such a satisfying feeling. My main goal is to continue to help people move better, lift heavier, and overall, feel stronger.
3. Where can we find you in between teaching classes and training clients?
Eating…now that I’m always on the move, I find myself starving ALL. THE. TIME.
4. What do you do when you’re feeling unmotivated to workout?
I’ll find a friend to come with me so there’s accountability.
5. What does your typical workout look like?
Mostly strength and resistance focused (similar to our LIFT classes) with occasional cardio mixed in.
6. What is your morning ritual?
I am such a breakfast person: coffee, eggs, and catching up on emails.
7. What will we never find you working out without?
A towel for all of the sweat.
8. What do you do to relax?
Read (I love thrillers!) or go for a walk. Also, eat…
9. What do you tell clients who are intimidated by working with a personal trainer?
There’s a misconception that variety (taking all different kinds of classes, jumping from studio to studio) is better for overall fitness but the truth is, if you really want to see long-term changes in your body, you need consistency. Personal trainers develop programs that are based on YOUR goals, with an emphasis on reaching them in a safe and effective way. We also really focus on educating the client so that they can feel more knowledgeable and confident when working out on their own.
10. Who is your “fitspiration”?
Beyonce or Blake Lively
11. Favorite cheat meal?
I have a ridiculous sweet tooth. Ice cream, pastries, candy, cake…you get the idea.
12. Favorite NYC restaurant?
Bunker, in Williamsburg.
13. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People that take themselves way too seriously.
14. What does your typical Saturday look like?
The epitome of Netflix and chill. Documentaries are my new favorite.
15. What would you do with one extra hour in the day?
Spend more time outside, especially if it’s sunny and warm.
16. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
17. What was your nickname growing up?
Vonnie, Von, Vonsicle.
18. What celebrity would you love to train and why?
Serena Williams because we could lift some serious weights!
19. What is your favorite song to workout to?
I always enjoy a good 80s remix!
20. What will we find in your gym bag?
Lotions and potions…I love all kinds of cleansers and creams.
21. What is the best advice you ever received?
Actually, it’s a quote from Jen Sincero: “Time wasted rationalizing the mediocre could be time spent creating the magnificent”