To help BSF’s clients get to know Eddy better, we played 21 questions with him. Find out what he thinks about when planning a group fitness class, his (surprising) post workout fuel, and much more here!
1. How did you first hear about BSF?
Through Fran (Fontan), my former colleague at Equinox.
2. What made you want to work here?
Initially, it was the gym’s aesthetics. Where else in New York City can you find 60 feet of AstroTurf?! Then I had a conversation with Kelvin and I could tell he was a really smart dude. Our philosophies on fitness are very similar and I loved the family atmosphere BSF has.
3. Where can we find you in between training clients?
Working out, Bed Bath & Beyond or Whole Foods, probably at the almond butter grinder.
4. What will we find in your gym bag?
Lots of Gatorade mix, Whey protein, 2 changes of clothes and Fig Newtons.
5. What do you do when you’re feeling unmotivated to workout?
Flip through Dwayne Johnson’s (@therock) Instagram.
6. When you are planning out a class, what do you think about?
How can I make everyone’s ass look better?
7. What is your favorite exercise to do?
8. What is your favorite exercise to teach?
Kettlebell swings. Because I get to use words like “junk.” If I tell people to keep the kettlebell close to their junk, everyone knows where to keep it!
9. What will we never find you working out without?
A caffeinated beverage.
10. What do you do to relax?
Netflix and chill.
11. What do you tell clients who are intimidated by working with a personal trainer?
It’s like renting a best friend for an hour! The personal trainer is there to keep you safe and teach you exercises you would never do on your own. Some people will walk by a kettlebell rack and never touch it because they don’t know what to do with it! I can help you do all that and more.
12. Who is your “fitspiration”?
13. Favorite cheat meal?
I don’t think you have enough room on this page for all of that but Bareburger is a good start.
14. Pre workout fuel?
Gatorade and Whey protein.
15. Post workout fuel?
16. Personal theme song?
“Black Skin Head” by Kanye West.
17. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Over 5’6” because that’s how tall my father is.
18. Are you a Giants/Yankees or Jets/Mets guy?
This isn’t even a relevant question. There is no other option besides Giants and Yankees.
19. What celebrity would you love to train and why?
Bill Murray. Because it’s Bill Murray, why else?
20. What is your favorite song to workout to?
“Blood on the Leaves” by Kanye West. That song comes on and I can do anything!
21. What is the best advice you ever received?
Work smarter, not harder.