To help BSF’s clients get to know Ava better, we played 21 questions with her. Find out who her fitspiration is, where she grew up, her favorite training style and much more here!
1. How did you first hear about BSF?
I followed some of the trainers on social media, and a mentor of mine in the fitness community told me to check out the gym.
2. What made you want to work in the health and fitness industry?
I’ve been an avid exerciser my whole life. As a past dancer, I’ve always been fascinated by the ways in which our bodies can change and adapt as a result of the lifestyle changes we make. its really cool!
3. Where can we find you in between teaching classes and training clients?
Hanging out with friends or watching Cleveland sports teams.
4. What do you do when you’re feeling unmotivated to workout?
How good I’m going to feel after its over. Exercising wakes me up and makes me feel energized – it’s practically a form of caffeine for me.
5. What does your typical workout look like?
I typically tend to do my workouts “circuit style”. I love a good full body HIIT workout.
6. What is your morning ritual?
Get dressed, eat, coffee, go to work. There’s usually not much time at 4:15am.
7. What will we never find you working out without?
My camelback water bottle and my apple watch.
8. What do you do to relax?
Watch TV or hang on the couch. I usually light a candle and make tea to set a mood.
9. What do you tell clients who are intimidated by working with a personal trainer?
At the end of the day, they’re working out in the best environment! No one is judging them, and the only person that’s really focusing on them (the trainer) is their biggest cheerleader. We all want our clients to succeed, and they really are taking the best action to do it.
10. Who is your “fitspiration”?
My dad. My dad has always loved going to the gym. He’s 61 years old and he still meets his buddies every morning at 5:50 am to work out. They call their workout “Walrus” (spin off of the Navy Seals). If i’m that committed when I’m 61, I’ll be happy.
11. Favorite cheat meal?
Pizza. Hands down.
12. Favorite NYC restaurant?
Not sure if this counts, but the idea of Seamless still gets me every time. I’m from the midwest, so the idea that sushi can be ordered and delivered to my door via smartphone in less than 30 min is absolutely mind boggling.
13. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Waiting. I’ve turned into such a New Yorker.
14. What does your typical Saturday look like?
Training and hanging out with my sister and nephew.
15. What would you do with one extra hour in the day?
Sleep an extra hour…
16. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A professional dancer.
17. What was your nickname growing up?
18. What celebrity would you love to train and why?
Justin Timberlake. And because he’s amazing.
19. What is your favorite song to workout to?
Currently, “Kill The Lights” by Alex Newell (with Nile Rodgers)
20. What will we find in your gym bag?
It’s pretty much a survival kit. Everything ranging from my computer, to face wipes, to mini bands, to lacrosse balls to roll out my muscles.
21. What is the best advice you ever received?
“One day at a time”